Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of frequently asked questions for Moneyspire personal finance software:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- And many other countries... If the software doesn't support your currency, please let us know and we will add your currency.
You can also use the Moneyspire Connect service, which supports many more banks than Direct Connect does.
- Launch Moneyspire on Computer #1.
- Click the File->Backup menu option to backup your data to a file.
- Copy this file to Computer #2.
- Launch Moneyspire on Computer #2 and click the File->Restore menu option, or choose the "Restore a Moneyspire backup fie" option from the Moneyspire Welcome window.
- Choose the backup file you just copied from Computer #1, and Moneyspire will restore your data to Computer #2.
- Login to your online banking website.
- Download your transaction information to an 'OFX', 'QFX' or 'QIF' file. Most banks support these formats, please consult your bank's customer service department for assistance if you are having difficulty downloading the file. Some banks may label OFX/QFX files as "Quicken" or "Microsoft Money" instead.
- In the software, open the account you want to import the transactions to, and then click the File->Import menu option depending on what type of file you have downloaded.
- Then select the file you just downloaded from your bank and follow the onscreen instructions.
*Whenever possible, it is recommended that you download your data exclusively in the OFX/QFX format, because it is a more modern format than QIF is. However, using QIF is just fine if that is the only format your bank supports.
*When you first import data from your bank, you will most likely have an incorrect balance because your bank usually does not include your entire transaction history from the past. To fix this, edit the account (from the Tools->Accounts menu) and set the Initial Balance field to the difference between your account's actual balance and the balance that is reported in the program. This will then update your account's balance to the accurate value.
- Launch the other financial software.
- Export your desired data to a QIF file(s) (usually via the File->Export menu).
- In Moneyspire, select the File->Import QIF menu option.
- Then select the QIF file you just exported from the other financial package.
*Please ensure you read the accompanying help manual in Moneyspire for important notes regarding importing data from other financial packages.
- Click on the Tools->Accounts menu option.
- Highlight the desired account and click the Edit button.
- Enter the desired starting balance in the Initial Balance field.
- Click the Record button.
Now, launch Moneyspire on the other computer, and click the File->Open menu option
Now click the Moneyspire Cloud button and sign in with your Moneyspire Cloud username and password.
Note: When using Moneyspire Cloud, you must close the Moneyspire app every time you are done making changes, so that those changes can be uploaded to the cloud.
- Go to Start->Control Panel->Windows Update
- Check for updates
- Install all available updates
- Then download and install this update from Microsoft:
- Now launch Moneyspire and it should work
- Open the iCloud Drive app on your mobile device
- Tap and hold on your Moneyspire file and choose the "Share" option, and then select "Copy to Moneyspire" to give the Moneyspire app access to your file